Friday, June 29, 2012

French Tapas Plate


Last night we had a few people over for diner and my girlfriend had asked me if I could put a little french diner together I agreed to took this mission seriously.

The morning of the diner I wasn't quite sure what I was going to make. We had talked about starting with a cheese fondue but the "Pizza hut dinner box" we shared during the poker night I went to the night before had left a dent in my stomach and I wanted to start with something a little healthier. I had to go to the doctor before my trip to the grocery. There are a few ways to use your time wisely in the waiting room while you wait for your name to be called: you can catch up on the celebrity gossips by picking up "Entertainment Weekly", you can pretend to care by gazing at the TV screen playing CNN with closed captions, or you can stare at the ceiling while envisioning the best diner ever.

So that's what I did, I started thinking of a fun plate of tasty but somewhat healthy french treats. It ended up becoming a Mediterranean plate but here what the plate was made of:

- Ratatouille topped with Gruyère cheese
- Skewer of Tomatoes and Mozzarella with Basil leaves
- Skewer of Merguez and Mushrooms with green peppers
- Bread with Radishes and salted butter

And that was our appetizer....I then made an olive and lemon chicken but I was too stoned and too inebriated with the delicious wine the guests had brought to take a picture of it. I was also a little tired from peeling and cutting vegetables all day long and just wanted to enjoy the rest of the night without thinking about my stupid blog. It was quite yummy though!


1 comment: