Monday, July 15, 2013

Baked Avocado with Egg





I recently saw a post on Facebook about this quick and easy healthy breakfast option...then I saw it again on Twitter, then I saw it again on Instagram... and I quickly realized that this recipe was going viral right before my eyes.

Of course I don't believe anybody who re-posted this recipe actually tried it nor will they ever, but the picture made them salivate enough that they decided to share this creation with the rest of the world....so I decided to test it for you.

I have to admit that this is a stoner's dream recipe for a few reasons: it's fast, it's easy, and it's a good alternative to the RedBull and M&Ms you usually have for breakfast.

Now I will say that calling this a "recipe" is a bit of a stretch since it really just consists of cracking an egg in an avocado half and adding a few spices on top before throwing the concoction in the oven for a few minutes...but that's why it's a healthy stoner's best friend: It is literally made in less than one minute and bakes for about 5-10 minutes depending on how you like your yolk (soft or hard).

Depending on how hungry you are, you might want to crack a second egg in the other half of the avocado...especially if you have the munchies

As far a being a viral recipe....I'm still a little surprised that this item would make people click on their mouse enough times to share it with the world but then again some people think deviled eggs are worthy of entering a cooking contest..

Enjoy this as a breakfast item, a snack or even as an appetizer.









No comments:

Post a Comment