Saturday, July 27, 2013

Omelet with Roasted Zucchinis



It's Saturday morning, I wake up too early and start my lazy day. I make my way from the bed to the couch and lay down after remembering to grab the remote control. I turn the TV on, but I'm not sure what I end up watching because I'm still sleepy. I enjoy my morning coffee and roll the first spliff of the day with excitement...

After realizing the TV had been stuck on some brainwashing infomercial for most of the morning, I quickly changed the channel to something more mind stimulating and ended up watching cartoons...

Lazy Saturday had certainly started on the right foot and I was ready to roll a second spliff and drink a second cup of coffee while Scooby-Doo and his pals solved more mysteries.... Lazy Saturday was also going to include a nap, a beer or two, a dip in the pool, another nap and it certainly wasn't going to include a trip to the grocery store...

The freezer is usually full of goodies meant to be thrown in the oven for a few minutes before being devoured by a few stoners in heat, but we had already run out of all the good munchies and between the bag of frozen spinach and the bag of frozen peas laid an ice pack that almost looked more desirable than the other options...

Lazy Saturday was about to come to an end: I either had to go out to get food or I had to make the best out of the few ingredients laying around the kitchen. Driving wasn't an option and I scattered all the goodies that would make a perfect breakfast: potatoes and eggs. These ingredient are always laying around and they've saved the day on a few occasions. I also noticed that a zucchini was resting at the bottom of the fridge and decided to cut it in slices and roast them to serve with what was now becoming a gourmet omelet.

I fried the sliced potatoes for a while with olive oil and Italian herbs...Peeling and slicing weren't part of the plan when I first woke up but I carried on and cooked a basil and curry omelet to go with it. I then topped it all with the roasted zucchinis. It was a filling and yummy breakfast but definitely put a dent in the "Lazy" day...


No comments:

Post a Comment