Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stack of Eggplant, Chayote and Tomato slices



Sometimes I pretend I'm on a cooking show where I try to come up with something good an creative. Yesterday was one of these days.

I had bought a lot of vegetables at the grocery store because I am trying to eat a little healthier these days and I decided to use them for my homemade appetizer. 

I cut an eggplant in thin slices and seared them in a pan with olive oil until they were a little softer but not quite cooked all the way. In the meantime I peeled a Chayote and let it cook in boiling water for about fifteen minutes. Once it was almost cooked, I cut the chayote in thin slices and finished with slicing the tomtato.

in a separate bowl I mixed some olive oil, sour cream, chives, salt and black pepper. I then stacked all the ingredients on top of each other alternating eggplant, chayote and tomatoes while adding a thin layer of the sour cream mix on top of each sliced vegetable. I topped it all with a slice of Mozzarella and threw it in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes and finished by broiling it at 425 degrees for 3-4 minutes.

It was delicious and full of good vitamins.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment